Autumn is officially here with its beautiful reds and oranges. Fall is the perfect season to enjoy Tennessee, its mountains, hills, trails, and forests. But, what to do and what to visit in a state known for country music, whiskey, and barbecue?
Here are our top 5 fall trip recommendations for locals and visitors alike.
1. Chattanooga – Located in the heart of the Tennessee Valley, Chattanooga is the ideal destination for outdoor enthusiasts. It is home to Rock City, one of Tennessee’s renowned natural treasures. Chattanooga offers unique views of the Chattanooga River, the surrounding mountains, and impressive rock formations.
2. Gatlinburg – Gatlinburg is known for being the home to one of the most visited National Parks in the country: the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Gatlinburg provides visitors with a magical small town flavor, and it’s perfect for a weekend getaway for those seeking to relax surrounded by nature and for those who like to hike–and during the Winter, ski.
3. Newfound Gap Road – If you’re looking for a scenic ride to escape from the city views, Newfound Gap Road is where you should head to. This road is known for being one of the best places to take in the beautiful fall colors of the Tennessee foliage. It’s quite a coveted ride, so make sure you get an early start to avoid traffic.
4. Cheekwood Botanical Garden – Cheekwood is a privately held 55-acre botanical garden and art museum. It welcomes an estimated 225,00 visitors each year and it’s one of the state’s top cultural attractions. The garden hosts a variety of events year-round; Fall events include the Cheekwood Harvest, the celebration of Day of the Dead, fields of light, and various art exhibitions.
5. Attend one of the many Fall Festivals – With the scorching heat gone, Fall is the perfect time of the year to go to festivals and enjoy the cool, crisp weather before Winter hits. Some of the festivals and events worth attending include the Annual Tennessee History Trail, el Dia de los Muertos, Pumpkinfest, the Annual Harvest Days Celebration, the Nashville Symphony Free Day of Music, and plenty others!
Green Hills Office Suites in Nashville is conveniently located near I-440, making it easy for you to finish your day and head out on a local excursion. We offer private and virtual office packages as well as flexible office solutions for remote teams, freelancers, startups, and entrepreneurs. Drop by for a tour if you’re in the area!